If there ever was a mead course you cannot afford to miss, the upcoming Excellence and Quality Assurance is it! Focusing on excellence, the Honey and Pollination Center has drawn together a most outstanding and prestigious group of presenters and topics – all designed to help each mead maker grow and expand their abilities. Read more in an article by Amina Harris.
Presenters include (partial list)
- Ray Daniels – creator of the Cicerone Program for Beer Evaluation
- Ken and Alyson Schramm of Schramm’s Mead
- Michelle Scandalis and Jeremy Kyncl of Hierophant Meadery
- Linda Bisson, author of Principles and Practices of Winemaking, Professor Emeritus
- Glen Fox, Anheuser-Busch Endowed Professor of Malting and Brewing Sciences
- Amina Harris, director of the Honey and Pollination Center, UC Davis
- Friday evening Mead Extravaganza (separate charge)
EARLY BEE SPECIAL: $1,200 until October 1 ($1,500 thereafter)
Presented with support from The Mead Institute
The four-day short course is designed to educate mead makers to achieve excellence by ensuring quality assurance at each step from ingredient sourcing, through processing, to evaluation. The Center is creating this course in partnership with the recently formed Mead Institute.
The program begins with a panel on excellence in the world of food and beverage Wednesday evening. Each of the subsequent days will have a unique focus including honey and honey production, ingredients and their selection and finally processing and evaluation.
Friday evening, The Mead Institute will host a unique mead pairing dinner event at The HIVE in Woodland. Transportation is provided, however attendees will have to register and pay for the dinner separately. Once registered, a link to the dinner will be sent.
The group hotel for this event is the University Park Inn. The Room Block is "Mead Course". In order to receive the discount, call the hotel directly: 530-756-0910.
- 2 Queen Beds are $109 plus tax per night.
- A King Suite - King bed with a small living room with a sofa bed
- The hotel is a very short walk through the Arboretum to the RMI campus. Physical address is 1111 Richards Blvd, Davis, CA.
100% refund (+$75 processing fee) OR 100% credit (no processing fee) if cancelled prior to September 15, 2022. 50% credit towards a future course if cancelled prior to October 15, 2022. No refund or credit after October 15, 2022.
For more information, email Amina Harris.