There has been a lot of buzz out there about varietal honey and how best to understand and enjoy the honey bees’ work.
Honey Sensory Workshop
A one-day immersion in tasting and understanding varietal honey
Date: Thursday, October 22, 2020
How will this work?
The course will cover all the basics through lectures and tastings including:
- Sensory evaluation and descriptive analysis
- Mono-varietal honeys
Each student will need to be ready to taste an array of honeys. In order to ensure that we are all on the same page, plan to order the supplementary educational tasting package. What's inside:
- 7 unique mystery honeys (We don't want to influence your tastebuds in advance. You will learn which jar is which after an exploration tasting.)
- 1 UC Davis Honey Aroma and Flavor Wheel
- 1 UC Davis Honey Journal
VALUE: $70 / Student price: $45 plus shipping
Other resources offered with the course purchase will include:
- Online classroom setting to engage and interact with your fellow students
- Question forum to use at your convenience
- Honey tasting protocol and Pfund color guide
- Honey Collection Library with over 35+ honeys and their plants
You can register for the class now! We will accept only 40 students in this inaugural program.
About our Presenters
Amina Harris is the Director of the Honey and Pollination Center at the Robert Mondavi Institute of Wine and Food Science, UC Davis. In addition, Amina is the co-owner of Z Specialty Food, LLC.
|Orietta Gianjorio, native of Rome, has worked in sensory evaluation for 20 years. Orietta holds a 3rd level Sommelier certificate (Associazione Italiana Sommeliers), an Olive Oil Sensory Evaluation Expert certificate (IOC/EU), and she is part of the Italian Registry of Olive Oil Experts. She is one of only two people in America to hold a certificate as an Expert in Honey Sensory Evaluation, and she is part of the Italian Registry of Honey Sensory Experts.|