The goal of the travel support is to promote participation of graduate students and postdoctoral researchers at the 2019 International Pollinator Conference to be held at University of California Davis, July 17-20, 2019. Both PhD students and postdoctoral researchers are encouraged to apply. This is a unique opportunity to network with colleagues from across the world and augment professional development. Funds can cover the registration (breakfast and lunch are included in registration), travel and lodging costs. Applicants will be notified of the results by March 25, 2019.
* You must be a postdoc or graduate student at an accredited University or qualified research institution the time of the conference.
* You must submit an abstract to present at the conference. Submit your abstract: HERE.
Applications will be evaluated on:
* The scope and importance of the applicant’s research to be presented at the conference.
* How the applicant’s attendance and participation at the conference will benefit their professional development and the apiculture science.
* The applicant’s full Curriculum Vitae.
* The applicant's financial need.
All applications must contain the following documents in one single PDF. The PDF document should conform to standard margins (1 inch or 2.5 cm) and use only standard fonts with a font size no smaller than 11 point. Please use your full name as the file name for the PDF document and include the same information in the Header of the document.
- Expense List: An estimated cost for your airfare, lodging and per-diem expenses for ABRC 2019. Please include any other funding (e.g., university or employer contributions) you have already secured or expect to have available.
- Curriculum Vitae: including education, employment history, list of publications, presentations, awards, current grants or scholarships, and any synergistic activities.
- One-page statement: How the conference will benefit your professional development including the following:
- How your participation at the International Pollinators Conference (IPC) will benefit attendees
- What professional contacts you intend to make during the conference and how you expect to benefit from this.
Deadline for travel support requests is Thursday, March 7, 2019. For questions contact Elina L. Niño at email@example.com, Neal Williams firstname.lastname@example.org or Liz Luu email@example.com
Travel support applications are closed.